Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sophies 2nd Blog

Wow this semester is already going so quickly, i cant believe we are already in our third week. We have just finished our Wednesday lecture and I found it so interesting. I'm sure some other people don't find the whole computer thing all that interesting, but last year i was originally majoring in computer science...the first semester was interesting because the computer paper was mixed with a business paper so it wasn't too full on. But the second semester was incredibly off putting as I was pretty much thrown in the deep end, and was literally expected to know everything about coding etc. So it has been a real pleasant surprise to come into this paper, learning things about the communications of computers, which i personally find far more interesting as opposed to the putting together of computer codes!!!I found the hacking thing very interesting, as it is something we generally all know about but we don't really have any general knowledge on, so it was good to get a little inside view. The reason i find it interesting is due to that fact that when i was a little pre-teen, and all of my friends were in the stage of 'msn', i found one day i was unable to get into my account...someone had hacked into my account and changed my password!!!but my friend knew someone who could hack back into my hacked account, so i could therefore get back into my account (if the makes any sense...). He was able to hack back into my account apparently within 10-15 minutes or so, and i got my msn/hotmail back. And i wonder how on earth.. (or why they would want to hack into a 12 year olds msn/hotmail account) it is they can trick the system.
So...learning about the hacking for me was very interesting, just because i had experienced it before. And at the age i wouldn't be surprised if the stereotype geeky boy would be locked away in his dark room..hacking into MY account!I also found it interesting that hacking didn't start off as being malicious, as that is what first pops into our head when we thing of hackers. Haven't yet read this weeks readings but Im sure ill get onto that sometime today!!
thanks for reading:)

No comments: